We are so excited to see the 2nd half of our church family this Sunday, June 28th! Details are listed below.
According to the State of Illinois Dept of Public Health
Under the additional guidelines for in-person activities:
- Capacity limits – As gatherings grow in size, they pose a greater risk of becoming a becoming a source of COVID-19 transmission. The current Statewide guidelines recommend gatherings of no more than 10 people. Where the 10-person limit cannot be followed in places of worship, these guidelines are recommended:
- Set capacity limit for the place of worship that allows for extensive social distancing (6’ or more) between congregants. Consider limiting attendance to 25% of building capacity or a maximum of 100 attendees, whichever is lower.
- Expand capacity limits gradually, rather than all at once, to allow the opportunity to test and improve safety protocols.
Bethel’s Plan for Re-Opening
- Services will be held with a capacity of 65 people per service while following the rules of social distancing 6 feet in the sanctuary.
- Doors will close once we reach capacity.
Services will resume as follows:
- Doors open June 21st at 10:15am
- Services will be held at our regularly scheduled times: Sunday Worship Service at 10:30am and Tuesday Prayer Meetings at 7pm
- Services will be split up by last names so that all have equal opportunity to attend, as follows:
- First & Third Sunday of the month will be Last Names A – H
- Second & Fourth Sunday of the month will be Last Names I – Z
- Please note, if you attend the 1st Sunday, you will be able to attend the Tuesday Prayer Meeting of that week, etc.
- No ECM or BKids will be available during this time, but your children are welcomed to attend.
- The most vulnerable, including those 65 and older and those with co-morbidities are welcomed to attend at their discretion, but will be required to wear masks.
- We will continue to LiveStream our services via FB & YouTube.
Guidelines while in the church building:
- Face masks are required. (Please bring your own mask.)
- Temperature checks will be taken at the door.
- Those who live together will be seated together with 6 feet of separation from other families or groups.
- 1 person allowed in the restrooms at a time.
- 1 entrance; 2 exits identified.
- Practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Wash your hands. Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the building.
- If you are sick, stay home!
- Thorough cleaning & sanitization of the building will take place after every service.
Please take a moment to complete the brief survey below so that we can understand how we can serve you better as we begin to phase into the post COVID stages and re-open the doors here at Bethel and as you process returning to church. The survey will only take about 2-3 minutes to complete.
Please complete the Church Re-Opening Survey HERE.